Our Commitment to Privacy
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our Site, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly and actively choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis (“Active Information”) and Site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Site (“Passive Information”).
Similar to other websites, our Site may utilize a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) as well as web server logs to collect information about how our Site is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, and time spent at our Site. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user’s transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
Use of Passive Information
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our Site users’ browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our Site and better serve you. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our Site and goods and services to better meet the needs of our users. Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our Site as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our Site and evaluate our Site’s visitor capacity.
When you choose to submit information to our site, we may collect your name, email address, physical address, and other information you provide like suggestions, comments, or ideas. The information that you supply will allow us to subsequently communicate with you through email or other ways regarding updates and other information. The information you provide is not given in confidence and we are not required to keep such information secret or to respond.
Use of Active Information
We are free to use the information you send to us in any manner, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products based on such information. Email that you send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information to us through an unsecured email.
We use the information you provide us to provide information about a requested product or service, to send you warranty information, and to provide you other information about our products and services. Where necessary, the Site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving special offers or receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the user. To opt-out of receiving future communications from us, to inquire about personal information this Site has collected about you, or to correct errors in the factual information provided by you to this Site, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a request in writing to the following address: 1627 East Walnut, Seguin, Texas 78156.
Disclosure of Information to Outside Parties
We may share the information you provide us with our affiliated companies and dealers, and use the information without restriction to process customer orders and improve or market our products and services. We will not sell or rent your information to any third party. We may provide aggregate Passive Information about website traffic patterns and related website information to our affiliates or reputable third parties, but this information will not include personally identifying data.
Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights, or in special cases such as a physical threat to you or others.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We have in place certain physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, ensure data security, and correct use of the information we collect on our Site.
What About Other Websites Linked to Our Site?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site, nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Site.
What About Children’s Privacy?
Children’s privacy on the Internet is governed by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA provides rules that apply to the online collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
Granting Your Consent
3. Copyrights. You acknowledge and agree that information presented to you through the Site, including text, graphics, design, logos, icons, images and software, and the arrangement and compilation of such content, are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
4. Limited Right to Use. Except as stated herein, none of the material on the Site may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of OWNER. However, you may print a copy of the information on this Site for your personal, non-commercial internal use or records. In so doing, you may not modify the materials and you agree to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. This permission does not give you any ownership rights in the information and terminates automatically if you breach any of these terms or conditions. If you make any other use of this Site, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to penalties.
5. Trademarks. The trademarks, service marks and logos (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on this Site are trademarks of OWNER. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks displayed on the Site, without the written permission of OWNER. OWNER aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
6. Editing, Deleting and Modification. OWNER reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site. Some or all products or services referred to on the Site may not be available, and OWNER may change the products and services described in the Site at any time.
7. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless OWNER, its agents, officers, directors, owners, representatives, employees, and their successors and assigns (the “Affiliated Parties”), from any liabilities, losses, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
8. NO WARRANTIES. THIS SITE, ALL SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND OWNER. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
11. Links to Other Web Sites. This Site may provide links to other Internet sites. OWNER is not responsible for the availability of such other sites and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, products or other materials available on such other sites. Links to external web sites do not constitute an endorsement by OWNER of those sites or the sponsors of such sites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such sites. Further, we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. OWNER does not author, edit, or monitor these unofficial pages or links. You further acknowledge and agree that OWNER shall not be responsible or liable directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any information, goods or services available on or through any such site. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
12. Conduct. You agree (i) not to use this Site to upload or distribute in any way files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer; (ii) not to interfere or disrupt this Site or any networks connected to this Site; (iii) not to use any device, software or routine or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of this Site; (iv) not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (v) not to use this Site to collect or harvest personal information; and (vi) not to impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You agree not to use the services available at this Site for illegal purposes, and to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to this Site.
13. Copyrights and Copyright Agents. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
(a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(c) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
(d) Your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site is Donald Duncan who can be reached as follows:
By mail: 1627 East Walnut
Seguin, Texas 78156
By email: email@example.com
14. Disclaimer. All of the information provided on this Site is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. OWNER does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and/or accuracy of this information.
15. User Representation. By agreeing to this Agreement, you are warranting that you are at least 18 years of old, and therefore, have the legal right to enter into this Agreement
16. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Guadalupe County, Seguin, Texas, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the State of Texas (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or information or services related thereto) must be instituted within one year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in Seguin, Texas. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. OWNER’s failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
CALIFORNIA TRANSPARENCY IN SUPPLY CHAINS ACT DISCLOSURE
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 requires qualifying retailers and manufacturers doing business in the state of California to disclose efforts to eradicate human trafficking and slavery from its supply chains. The following is the response of Alamo Group Inc., on behalf of itself and all of its member companies.
With our global operations that import and export goods and services, it is the policy of Alamo Group Inc., as well as all of our member companies, to observe and comply with all laws applicable to us and our operations wherever our business is located, including, while not referenced directly by name, anti-slavery and human trafficking laws. This policy is enshrined within our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Procedures (the “Code”). All of our employees, officers and directors are asked to adhere to the Code.
Any violations or suspected violations of the Code are encouraged to be reported promptly. We have an “open door” policy which allows employees to take their concerns to higher levels of management. We also have systems in place for the submitting of anonymous reports of any violations or suspected violations. It is a violation of the Code to fail to report violations of the Code or to intimidate or impose any form of retribution on any covered party who in good faith reports suspected violations.
Disciplinary measures which may be invoked for Code violations include, but are not limited to, counseling, oral or written reprimands, warnings, probation or suspension without pay, demotions, reductions in salary, termination of employment and restitution, depending, among other things, on the severity and frequency of the violations.
Currently, we do not: (1) engage in verification of product supply chains to evaluate or address risks of human trafficking and slavery; (2) conduct audits of suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with anti-slavery and human trafficking standards; (3) require our suppliers to certify that they comply with anti-slavery and human trafficking laws in the country or countries in which they do business; (4) other than as set forth in our Code, maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors for failing to meet anti-slavery and human trafficking standards; or (5) provide company employees or management who have direct responsibility for supply chain management with training on anti-slavery and human